Thursday, 26 November 2009
a strong environment and hard science biases, in the Feeds we've chosen to add so far. We've could have easierly gone for build feeds on each filmstar or rockstar, and probably made more money. Frankly though we good have make so many more subject in the last year, as it only takes a few minutes to create each feed. Don't forget that Feed Distiller is a public open service, anyone can
login and create a feed on any subject, our servers will find articles from your sources that best
match your example page. So if your missing deep and regular knowledge of any particular subject, join up and build a feed.
Wednesday, 30 September 2009
Monday, 21 September 2009
Monday, 7 September 2009
For the technical among you, here is what you have to do for a smooth upgrade an Opteron server.
- Arrange site access to your server if its at a COLO facility
- Go to the motherboard manufacturer website, and check processor compatibility
- Download the latest BIOS for motherboard
- Create a boot CD with BIOS and FLASH program on it. We recommend using FreeDOS for the Boot disk.
- insert flash boot disk
- Shutdown the system
- Put a "head", monitor/keyboard on the server
- Boot from CD andFlash the BIOS from DOS
- Switch off again
- Open up the Box, (a sexy looking all black U2 with 8 slide in HD bays in our case)
- Unclip the heat sinks and remove
- lift the handle on the socket, and replace the Operton, careful no touching pins
- again for the second opteron
- Apply a good coating of thermal transfer compound
- Clip the heat sinks back on again
- Clear with CMOS (the on board setting for the BIOS), by powering with a jumper setting
- check fan are running, and the Boot LED cycles correctly
- Close up the box
- Power Back up the System
Our Linux gave us lots of warnings on the first boot with the new chips, but settled right down on the next boot. On the first boot it hard to correct its setting for the new chip, but worked AOK on the second boot.
Wish us luck with the new server so that we can make a lot more new Topic Feeds for you all.
Friday, 14 August 2009
is running as normal. Working Functionality including update the Blog Feeds, and accepting new registrations.
Saturday, 1 August 2009
We're not quite as happy with the marketing, and could do with partners in need of regular news feeds. But we're be pushing forward with this in the next year.
Stay tuned for more news soon.
Tuesday, 17 March 2009
We so looking to the future, that our director Dr Adams has also just started a blog about the Future of Internet where he looks how the internet might develop into the far future, and what it might mean for humanity in general.
Tuesday, 17 February 2009
FeedDistiller is proud to announce our new Feed as a widget service. From any
feed page, you can click the 'get feed as widget' button, you'll be delivered to our widget styling page where you control the colors, sizes and fonts, to fit in to your web page. Just cut and paste the produced HTML into any of your Web pages, to deliver the latest news on your chosen subject to users anywhere.
Wednesday, 28 January 2009
Sunday, 18 January 2009
our game, and we're going to do it well. We've just added a second way to control which articles get included. All you have to do, is go through a list of items and mark each one as too accept or reject. Next time Feed Distiller will use the similarity between new items to all the marked items to find out weather to include the blog feed output. For a good sized set of items this should be even more accurate than our reference page comparison. We've keeping both types and giving you the choose, over what method to use.